Hours of operation
Summer 9am to 5pm
Winter 9am to 4pm
Closed Christmas Day
Seniors (65 plus): $12
School Children: $2.00
Under 5yrs: free
Group rate (over 10): $10
- Family – 2 Adults & children: $32.00
Welcome to Dargaville Museum
Opening in 1985, the Dargaville Museum has continued to grow over the years to become a fascinating must see attraction when visiting Dargaville. Located in Harding Park with its magnificent views overlooking the district and the Northern Wairoa river, the Museum now has 1800 square metres of exhibition space.
Our stories tell of how the district has developed through the years, from the 16 metre long pre-European Maori canoe through to the newly built replica gumdiggers camp, from shipwreck relics recovered from the coast to the masts of the ill-fated Greenpeace protest ship Rainbow Warrior. The Museum provides a number of outstanding displays to interest the whole family.
- "Afternoon of Music' with Kevin Friedrich and Friends - Sunday 23rd March 2014 at 1pm -Tickets $20 Adults - light afternoon tea included
- "Maker of Dreams" Summer exhibition featuring local Dressmakers and the gowns they created - opening in the exhibition room early November 2013
- Guided tours can be arranged for groups over 10 persons.
- Looking for a special gift – the Museum shop has a good selection of local crafts.
- “The Galley” provides coffee, tea, cold drinks and snacks – homemade muffins and scones during the summer months.
- The Museum catering crew are available for morning/afternoon teas and light lunches for tour groups – booking essential.
- The research department includes both archives and genealogy. Appointments can be made to study locally-kept records and family history.